Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Maiming of the Shrew

Since arriving back in Newcastle (cats perfectly behaved on journey, hardly a peep from either of them!), Lucy has reverted to her feral ways. Last night she brought a tiny shrew through the catflap, disgorging it in the kitchen, where she chased it in that sadistic way that cats do. Meanwhile, I climbed on a chair (in that silly girly way we learn from cartoons), shaking a tea towel and hissing, 'Out! Out, damned cat!', to no effect whatsoever. This morning I found it - deceased, naturally - encased in tuna, having been gobbled and regurgitated by Lucy in the night.

Cats, don'cha love 'em?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chrimbolina,

Hope this scan went ok this morning. Was thinking of you as I fed my ducks and hoping you'll be able to come up here to Cove Park and sit out on the decking with me in such a beautiful place, soon. I'll even look into getting some chocolate Horlicks in, but it won't be a patch on the Harbour Bar (love the photo). If you can't make it up, I'll be back down to see you soon. God bless Lucy and her tuna encased shrew. Whistle Z Cars to her from me.

Much love,


Laura xx

Chrissie said...

Hi Lozziepops

The scan - the shame! Never mind, I'm sure the hospital has special stuff for cleaning up sick.

Not sure if I'll be able to make it up to Cubeland but it sounds idyllic - AND you're writing, you wonderwoman. One way or another we'll meet up again soon.

I have to hire someone to whistle Z Cars these days - not enough puff, see.

Lots of love
Chrissie xx